Station Layout and Key locations...

Got something about Starbase 386 on your mind? Have a question about the station you just have to have an answer to? Have an idea for an improvement to the sim? Put it here.

Moderators: Faith_Reed, Manley

Lange
Former Commanding Officer

Station Layout and Key locations...

Post#1 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:56 pm

OK... I'm assuming most of you have seen at least some of DS9. Physically, obviously, 386 resembles DS9. However, given that we're not in a Bajoran system and that Starfleet finished the construction of the base after capturing it from the Cardassians, there are some differences.

The key thing to keep in mind is that the control panels and consoles display a variation on the standard LCARS design, except that the console SHAPES are still Cardassian... so that changes the layouts from your normal Starfleet squares and rectangles.

Beyond that...

Locations: Obviously Ops and the Promenade are central locations for most of the action, for the simple expedient reason that they are the areas everyone knows the general look and feel and size of. Ops is pretty simple, and I won't bore you with an analysis of what is where in it... that'll go in the station tour that will go up on the site when I get done making it (It'll probably actually go up in segments).

The Promenade, however, has a lot of spaces to fill, and I expect that some of the shops that are there now won't be in a few missions, and some new ones will have popped up. I do want to keep track of where the major, permanent elements are, however, and tonight I'll be putting up a map on the site, with a link here, with a key to where everything is.

So far we've established that the following places are on the Promenade:

Security Office/Brig (this looks largely identical to the same office on DS9, with the aforementioned changes to the control interfaces)
Infirmary (Same notes as Security, and there is a larger, more Starfleet-looking sickbay facility elsewhere in the base, probably lower in the core area)
Flanagan's Pub (Think Quark's, but without the Dabo tables and with Irish-themed decorations.) Image
Rosie's Restaurant (Similar in size to Flanagan's, directly on the opposite end of the Promenade from Flanagan's.) Image
The Black Hole Cafe
The Edosian (Cardassian Restaurant, note that the player who added this and was going to play its proprietor had to resign, so it may or may not be staying)
Meyer's Mercantile (A shop of odds and ends owned by the brother of Admiral Meyer. Every now and again the Civilian Meyer will get into shady dealings. He's Quark with better connections, but also more conscience. He doesn't do anything that will put his family or the station in danger.)
Art shop

You can feel free to suggest places that should be added to the list of established shops, but keep in mind that unlike DS9, this station is run completely by Starfleet, and thus is subject to the full extent of Federation law. Also, given that the Dockmaster will be a fairly important NPC, I'm considering having his office be on the Promenade as well, to give it a central location.
Tony
AKA
Captain James Lange
Commanding Officer
Starbase 386

Lange

Re: Station Layout and Key locations...

Post#2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 pm

1: Security Office
2: Brig
3: Elixir Emporium
4: The Black Hole Cafe
5: ??
6: Flanagan's Pub
7: Main Floor North
8: Infirmary
9: Surgical Ward
10: ??
11: School Room
12: ??
13: ??
14: Platform East
15: ??
16: ??
17: Daycare
18: ??
19: Main Floor South
20: Dockmaster's Office
21: ??
22: Rosie's Restaurant
23: Nyara's Knickknacks
24: ??
25: ??
26: ??
27: ??
28: ??
29: Platform West/Public Dining Area
30: Meyer's Mercantile
Tony
AKA
Captain James Lange
Commanding Officer
Starbase 386

Nira
Chief Engineering Officer

Post#3 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Elixir Emporium should be added. ;) It's owned by Aria (a Deltan).
Warrant Officer First Class Kilana Nira
Chief Engineering Officer
Starbase 386

Lange

Post#4 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Elixir Emporium and Daycare added above.
Tony
AKA
Captain James Lange
Commanding Officer
Starbase 386

Scott
Chief Operations Officer

Post#5 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Can you add SVI: Storm Vehcile Incorporated to slot 15?
Lt. JG Quinn Scott
Chief of Station Operations
Starbase 386
Horizon Fleet

Lange

Post#6 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 pm

OK, so, some of this will need updated. Suggestions, anyone?
Tony
AKA
Captain James Lange
Commanding Officer
Starbase 386

Return to “Questions, Comments, and Suggestions”