Walsh, Terry

Optional in character reflection on events that occur to your character during the course of Starbase 386's missions

Moderators: Faith_Reed, Manley

Walsh

Walsh, Terry

Post#1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:20 pm

OFF: This is a backlog.

ON:

<Have Fun Storming the Castle>

<<Starbase 386, Terry’s Quarters, Day 15, 2045>>

Personal Log ON:

Man, can you believe I got here right before the beginning of a war-game? I guess it couldn’t have been planned any better, though. I’ve been itching to get behind one of Starfleet’s fighters again. Maybe the Commander will let me fly one of those instead of the Typhoon.

You know, they actually brought a old refit Constitution class out of mothballs for this thing? I can tell it’s got some people bouncing off the walls. To me, well, it’s old piece of history. That’s about it. I just don’t understand why some people idolize it. Sure, one of it’s siblings was flown by the famous James T. Kirk and it’s got a long history attached to it, but I don’t see all the fuss. Anyway, it’s being commanded by Captain Lange, the station commander. This should be really fun though. It’s not often that a station commander gets to attack his own station, albeit simulated, to test it’s strengths and weaknesses.

As far as the people I’ve seen so far, they seem like the cool-headed type. Well, everyone I’ve had the chance of meeting, that is. There is one guy, though, who walks around and doesn’t smile much. I think I heard someone say that he’s the Ops officer. Should be interesting if I ever run into him.

I haven’t had much of an opportunity to meet anyone else. Speaking of, I must make it a point to visit the station’s bar and the barkeep. I know, that sounds kinda bad. But I want to know what his wine list looks like. That way I’ll know if I have to special order any and have it shipped here. But I suppose I should check with the proper authorities first to find out if that’s okay.

Time to get some things unpacked. These quarters are looking pretty bare.

Personal Log OFF.
Major Terry Walsh
Fighter Wing Vice Commander
Starbase 386

Walsh

Re: Walsh, Terry

Post#2 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 pm

<...And Unexpected Guests (Station Days 42-331)>

<<Starbase 386, Terry’s Quarters, Day 244, 2130>>

Personal Log ON:

This whole recent exchange with Velia has been tiring. It’s times like this I wish I was a Betazoid or Ullian or something. I know it would go against all that other stuff, but…but…. Man, it can be frustrating! *Takes a deep breath* But why let it. I mean, she’s just another person that needs to learn to trust. I’ve handled things like that before with pilots. Especially in training situations. That’s it, I’ll just think of it like that next time. If there is a next time. There’s no guarantee that the Pandora will be back here any time soon or that Velia will still be onboard. Oh well, an rud a bhíonn, bíonn sé. *That which is, is.*

This situation with Shay has gone well since I spoke to him months ago. I think I may have finally come to an understanding of what’s wrong with him. But that’s really confidential, so I can’t get into it. Things are on the uptake, now and have been for a few months. That’s about all I can say. He seems more relaxed so I think he followed through with what I ‘strongly encouraged’ him to do. So the Shay situation is good and under control.

Wish I could say the same for one of my pilots. I had to put him on report yesterday. I told him one more time it would go to Commander Meyer. You just can’t get away with stuff like that. Yeah, it probably was funny, but you just can’t get away with it. I know, you’re wondering what I’m going about. Well, the nut stenciled a bright red Mustang horse on both sides of his Mustang class fighter. Then he stenciled the phrase “Straight from the horse’s mouth” near his torpedoes and phaser array. Inside, I was laughing my head off. But…after that talk with Commander Richardson, I decided it was best to try and be more responsible on duty. But it was still one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen done to a fighter.

Personal Log OFF.
Major Terry Walsh
Fighter Wing Vice Commander
Starbase 386

Return to “Personal Logs”